Saturday 19 March 2011

In the dark―day one

Little did I know about the history where my grandparents were belong,which I felt deeply after reading the book called Birdsong by Sebastian Faulks,whose story mainly occurred during world war I. And by the author I had known that London had the museum called the Imperior War Museum.

The museum is located north London near Lambeth North tube station in Geraldine Mary Harmsworth Park.It shows the life and experience from the World war I through II to Cold War,including Secret War which I had regarded as being a fiction such as 007. When I was around 12,I read the book which was actually the diary written by Anne Frank who was 13 at the time,hiding on an attic with her family during the world war II because of their identity as being jew. In the end,she was trapped and killed at Bergen-Belssen concnetration camp -the Holocaust. Since then, the fact had been pasted in my head.I started off from the highest flower which was the section for the Holocaust. I didn't think that I was going to stay around 3 hours and too dizzy to go on to another flower.


Stepping out from the museum,I was welcomed by the blight and warm sunlight. I hardly say that I've learned or known but might be able to say I've captured a very little at least...

No comments:

Post a Comment