Saturday 18 December 2010

Here comes snow

On the way back from a Christmas greeting, I met a snowfall which made me stacked in the town, Ealing Broadway. It started to fall suddenly and covered everywhere in no time.
It was 2009 that the heaviest snow in 18 years was announced in London. Since then it has snowed as deep. Less experienced in a heavy snow, the city froze with few transport run, by which people were able to excuse to stay in and be warm at home. However, now that they are not beginners of snow, the tube and buses are supposed not to have  pretexts and let us run as possible as we hope.


Standing on the platform,waiting for a tube bringing me back to my flat, I was watching snow dropped from the sky onto the green,concealing the shape of  the scenery, which reminded me of my hometown,Shiga having snow every winter, where I was supposed to be in 2 weeks.
Due to the severe delay of Central line, I decided to wait a bus instead. Headding to the bus stop,I barely saw the road ahead ,which was hidden by the white.

No comments:

Post a Comment