Monday 27 December 2010

The Christmas season!

I remember when 24 th of December was one of the most delightful days to be planed ,as if it had been in fantasy with St. Nicholas and a dream of the gifts beside the pillow given in the morning of the very next day ,when I was child . Of course, being adult, we look forward to the day to have a Christmas Eve diner and exchange presents with family,lovers,friends and so on ,imitating the way European countries celebrate the birth of Christ,which is said to be created to stimulate our consumer desire for parches,letting the market active in my country.
On the 25 th  I was awake from the weariness as I had been busy in selling Christmas cards and gifts in London.After a small bite of bread with a cup of coffee, I was waiting for my friends coming to pick me up for the Celebration. In Japan after Eve we are to get back to normal,heading to school and work.On the contrary,it is one of the most important national holidays here and we are all supposed not to work and be at home with family and friends.
As I entered the room,there were plenty of senses of the special day sparkling in the air.Under the tree were presents,on the table were set plates,glasses and crackers for the midday diner and I smelled turkeys being grilled.  The Christmas trip started to open the crackers, and  move to sip the soup,bite the turkey and unwrap the presents over our conversation,then finished with Christmas pudding accompanied by a glass of liqueur and, later,a cup of tea,having played fun games on the floor.
       
  

Having say goodbye to my friends and their family,delighted by their hospitality,I appreciated the spiritual  atmosphere lifted by the nation's joyful spirits with the feeling being soaked by the Christmas culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment