Sunday 3 October 2010

Strolling Holland Park

Sun came up after morning rain,which made my way to Holland park. I took Central line from Hanger Lane where I am living to Holland Park station. Having been off from there, I felt the spell of Sun which eventually last two hours, giving me the idea of capturing the view with the reflection of the light.


Holland Park,located in the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea-west central London,is one of the most peaceful and various of green spaces in London.You can go through the woodland walks to the rose garden,or perhaps mean to reach the Kyoto Japanese garden built for the festival of Japan nine years ago.Kids enjoy seeing squirrels and peacocks on the way to the children's playground.
Holland park used to be a estate laid out Holland house whose name was taken to the district.The east side of the house has been used as Youth hostel and the other for  restaurants and exhibition centres.

Strolling the road back to the station, I was hit by the thought of concern―the tube strike action was on the way.If it had been my normal routine amble, I would have stopped by its local shops which are a independent book shop named Daunt Books, of which main shop stands in Marylebone High Street, a selected wine shop having a big range of both home and imported delicate cheeses,Jeroboams and cafe shops, Paul, Patisserie Valerietothe or Maison Blanc  to conclude the trip with sweet and coffee,along the main road,Holland Park Avenue.
 "It will be a long day as I have to arise before dawn to get an early start by a bus journey", I sighed.



No comments:

Post a Comment